Alabama Chanin · Crochet · Inklingo · Quilting · Sewing

A finish and progress on two other projects

That's right! I've managed to start and complete a project! Remember the crochet from the last post? Well, it's done and has been done for a while. I've just been so busy with work, baby and moving house. The main reason I've made progress on any of my projects is my commute to work. Which… Continue reading A finish and progress on two other projects

Inklingo · Quilting

It’s been a while

And, oh, so many things have happened! But mostly, this little guy has been taking all my project time and then some! But that's not all! I've been trying to tidy up my project closet, and found some treasures. My very first quilt was the quilt I started in my first quilting class twenty-something years… Continue reading It’s been a while

Alabama Chanin

Alabama Chanin Wedding Dress Progress

So it seems that I'm getting married very soon. Even though it has been booked for months now, I still feel like it's snuck up on me. I've been frantically working on this and I'm really feeling the panic now as the day looms in front of me. Dress details: I ordered a custom DIY… Continue reading Alabama Chanin Wedding Dress Progress

Inklingo · Quilting

Winding Ways progress report

I had thought to discard the 7th row and column making the quilt 6x6 blocks instead. When I thought this, I assumed that this would make the quilt much smaller, so proposed to add a 3" pieced border to compensate, but after throwing up the blocks on the design wall, I decided that the quilt… Continue reading Winding Ways progress report

Inklingo · Quilting

Inklingo Mug Rug Swap 2014

Jillian of Dakota Essence started another Mug Rug Swap way back in January this year, but something must have happened as there haven't been any updates from her since February. I hope she is okay! I signed up for this immediately, even though I already had several projects on the boil, because these are fun… Continue reading Inklingo Mug Rug Swap 2014


I can see the light!

A little late, but here is a progress report. "Parenthesis" was the last word and the embroidery complete! Not being well-practiced at embroidery, I'd say that this effort has a lot of "character." I'm really happy with the overall effect.Sewing the binding on. No pictures of making the bias-binding because, after basting, it's a step… Continue reading I can see the light!