I signed up for the Curves class by Rachel through her Stitched in Color blogÂ and the Clamshell Pillow is one of the many projects in the class. I haven’t had time to do anywhere near all of them, but I was determined to do at least this pillow! And definitely the Scallop Quilt.
Anyway, I already had a pillow insert but it’s 65 x 65cm, not the size in her pattern, so I used EQ7 to test the pattern on a larger pillow. I used the clamshell template as provided and increased the number to fill almost half the area of the pillow.
I tried out a few color configurations.
And ultimately decided on the bottom one. Looking at them together, the first doesn’t look a lot different from the last!
First row sewn, second row glued down. So much easier than pins!
Close-up of the gluing.All rows sewn down! Very happy with the result. And the zips arrived in the mail the day before, so no excuses attempting the finish!The finished piece!Not quite invisible, but good enough for first attempt!And another close-up for good measure.