6 May 20132 Comments
I used to subscribe to Australian Patchwork and Quilting and buy any other quilting magazines and books that caught my eye and had patterns I loved. I stopped after a few years and accumulating several binders of “favourites.”
When I decided to make another baby quilt, I pulled out the binders and sifted through them, looking for ideas that would make a charming and fast baby quilt. And hopefully, Inklingo-able. Imagine my delight when I saw this hunters star pattern, not long after Linda released her collections!
Okay, so small and fast, I decided, so I must get the largest hunters star collection. Once I knew which size patch (6″ making a 12″ block), I grabbed the EQ file from Linda’s blog (so handy!) and started drawing the quilt. This was my original design idea.
These were the fabrics I selected after a trip to spotlight without a copy of this idea.
Turns out, they don’t quite match the original idea. I took this photo as color reference to test in EQ7. I considered making each ofthe blocks out of four colors but ultimately decided to keep it bold and simple. I have these two similar plans to lay out when the blocks are finished.
I think I’ll end up going with the second idea but I won’t know for sure until I have the blocks in front of me.