72 nine inch blocks completed! I got a notification from my photo app that i started printing the shapes on fabric FOUR YEARS AGO. It’s fine. We’re here now and I’ve already begun sewing the first row together.
I’ve stalled a bit on this quilt, so decided I needed to see what the final top would look like. I laid out most of the completed blocks on the spare bed to get an idea.
Laying it out helped a lot. I like the way it’s looking. For a while there, I wasn’t sure it would look sharp, that the fabrics would just mush together, but I think it sparkles!
I have about twenty more blocks to go and then I lay it out fully to ensure not too many fabrics are next to themselves. Then it’s sewing into rows and the rows into a top!
I just remembered that I think I planned to add a border as well… it might have to be pieced. I don’t think there is enough fabric left.
So about a decade ago, I ordered this kit from Alabama Chanin. It is still unfinished and to distract myself from starting new projects, I’m looking at it again. The original design was allover Le Moyne stars, but I’ve departed from that idea before. I reopened my EQ file and I’ve settled on this design.
The more I look at this, the more I like it and I think it’ll be enough to get it finished. After finishing my Christmas makes. And after finishing the Storm At Sea. And maybe I’ll try and fit it in between all the other things..
FINALLY got a roundtuit and covered my Poang chair and loving the result.
I covered my camera strap years ago and being the kind of thing that you don’t normally wash, it has gotten really, really manky. To the point where hubby refused to put it around his neck when I needed him to hold it for me. He was right, it was disgusting.
I found some really lovely indigo fabric at a fabric market in Taipei and bought more than enough to cover my strap and maybe make a tote.
I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out!
How is it already October?! My last update was quite a while ago. I need to figure out how to post automatically from Instagram so that it doesn’t happen again!
I’m working on several different projects, but here’s an update on the Advent Calendar. I have 16 ornaments decorated with sequins and beads. Eight to go and the only thing left to do will be to sew on magnets to the ornaments and jump rings to the tree.
I ended up buying an assorted colours bag of 4mm sequins and sorted out about a third into their colours. It was really cheap this way, but labor-intensive.
The pattern suggests pins to attach the ornaments, but I like the idea of magnets. I bought some tiny neodymium magnets earlier this year to make magnets out of buttons that my kid liked.
More updates to come soon!
Yeah. Because it’s not enough to make the blanket according to the original instructions. And actually, because I opted to use Inklingo to create the shapes, it’s already different and adding a few more of my own choices make the blanket truly my own. Right? Right!So I recreated the original pattern in EQ7 so I could try a few tweaks. This uses the 6″ Le Moyne star collection and measures out to 62″ x 80″.
Ideas I had in mind included a medallion, like the carpenters Star, Waltzing Matilda star, or the Inklingo star. But the medallion looked too small at 12″, So I tried a 12″ block in each corner in addition to one in the center.
Then it occurred to me to try reversing the colours so that the blocks were more obvious.
I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do!
So last year, there was a sale on some DIY kits at Alabama Chanin and I just couldn’t resist ordering the swing skirt. I chose peacock fabric and slate thread. I’ve sewn the first panel (out of four), and have just started to cut out the centers. Three more to go and a mystery quilt on top of that!!
I really need more hours in the day for all my projects!