Hunter’s Star Update

I started this post a month ago! Finally got the pictures I wanted into the post and now it’s published.

The last time I posted about this quilt, I was having trouble with the layout. Thanks to some really helpful suggestions, I removed the two palest blocks and replaced them with brighter blocks. Here are the fabrics, post-Inklingo.
20130816-170735.jpg

20130816-170101.jpg
The above is the final layout after a solid hour of arranging and re-arranging them on the floor. And here is the pieced top!

Completed Hunters Star Top

Then I had to make the backing. It definitely would have been easier just to use plain cotton muslin as I used to do, but since I pieced the backing for the last quilt, I’ve been quite enamoured with the idea. Plus, it uses up a lot of scrap! Unfortunately, I didn’t take a photo of the back after it was pieced, so I’ll have to post it up when I’m finished with the quilt. I’m not terribly happy with it, but it does look scrappy. After watching a significant portion of the lesson on Craftsy, I now know how I could have planned the back better.

The little tyke is now in the world, so I’d better get this done pronto!

One thought on “Hunter’s Star Update”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.